Howard Park Recreation Center
A place where our community's adult population can enjoy the pleasures and camaraderie of their peers. Activities suited for all adult capabilities and interests including parties, guest speakers, crafts, card clubs and health seminars. The center is open to all citizens 55 years and older in the area.
(subject to change)
- Free daily blood pressure checks
- Guest speakers
- Specialty classes
- Scrapbooking/Card Making & Stamping
- Healthy, Wealthy and Wise program - Check out the our wellness program Healthy, Wealthy and Wise here at Howard Park for people 50 years and older. We will talk about healthy lifestyles choices, some food alternatives, and a reasonalbe exercise regimen. This is a FREE program and meets Mondays 11am. For more info call Rose at the Center.
- EXERCISE CLASS - Beginner exercise and people with arthritis, put on your tennis shoes and join us for an easy class. This class is at 10am every Monday.
- Receive our monthly newsletter free by email. Just call the center and give us your email address and this will keep you up with all the activities and programs.
- January 23 - High Tea
- February 16 - Valentine's Day Party
- March 14 - Butterfly Day -- talk and craft
- March 20 - Breakfast Bingo
- April 11 - Bat Appreciation Day -- talk and craft
- May 4 - Cinco de Mayo Bingo and Lunch
- June 4-10 - Virginia Beach Trip
- September 17 - 23 - Savannah Trip
Must register for specialty classes which are subject to class fees.
Activities schedule subject to change without notice.
Do you want to have a party and have no room in your home? The Howard Park Recreation Center is available for Anniversary Parties, Wedding and Baby Showers, Group and Business meetings for groups up to 32. The rental rate is $50.00 per hour +7% tax with a 3 hour minimum. Call Rose Kaufman at (574) 235-9428 for information.