Facilities and Reservations
How to Reserve a Facility Online
- Go to: https://webtrac.southbendin.gov/
- If you have an Account with us you will need to login, if not then you will need to Create an account. (See third sentence on the "Login" screen to Create an account) You must have an email address on your account to use our online system.
- After you Login or Create your account, click "Search" on the blue tool bar at the top scroll down to "Facility Search" and click.
- In the "Facility Search Criteria" field, click inside the "Date" field, a calendar will appear for you to choose the date needed.
- In the "Facility" field click on the down arrow next to where it says "All Facilities" and a list of facilities will appear. Scroll down and click on the one you wish to reserve, then click "Search".
- Under "Search Results" there is a green box on the left hand side with a plus symbol in it. Click on that box and it will turn blue with a minus symbol in it now.
- Look down to the very bottom left hand corner and you will see the a bar with the facility and date you chose and a box below that, that says "Add to Cart". Click on it.
- Fill in the "Headcount" with the amount of people you plan to have in attendance, then click "Continue".
- Click on the small box below your name and click "Continue".
- In the "Reservation Purpose" field type in why you are renting, for example.... Family Reunion, Birthday Party, Graduation Party, etc. Then click "Continue".
- View your "Shopping Cart" and if it is correct, click "Proceed to Checkout".
- Fill in the fields marked in red, then click "Continue"
- On the "Payment Summary" page, fill in the necessary information and click "Submit Payment"
- You will receive a receipt to your e-mail address for confirmation.
*"Account" if you have registered for a class, event, reserved a facility or have a Fitness Center membership then you are in our system and have an account. To update your account or have questions, please call the O'Brien Office at 574-299-4765 Monday thru Friday during business hours of 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Use of Parks for an Event
The following procedures are those which must be followed to request the use of a city park for an event that is open to the public. This does not include reserving a picnic site or renting a pavilion. Please call 299-4765 to inquire for picnic reservations or use of a pavilion.
- A letter on your group's letterhead must be submitted. The letter must describe the type of event you wish to hold, the requested date and the park. This must be submitted a week before the schedule park board meeting.
- In addition, proof of liability insurance must be provided. The city requires a $1,000,000 per event policy naming the Board of Park Commissioners and the City of South Bend as additionally insured.
- A formal presentation must be made in front of the Park Board. (The board meets the third Monday of the month at 321 Walter Street, which is the old O'Brien School at 4:00 p.m.)
- Your request should be addressed to the Board of Park Commissioners, 321 East Walter St., South Bend, IN 46614.
- No Alcohol is allowed.
- No equipment is provided.
You may download all the forms to request the use of parks here.
Alcohol Request for a Facility Reservation
Due to State Regulations, please call the South Bend Parks & Recreation Department's Office Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4 pm at 574-299-4765 for new procedures.
No loud music allowed in the parks. For more information Park Ordinances
Rental of Park Facilities
Howard Park Recreation Center
604 E. Jefferson Blvd. • (574) 235-9428
The center is the perfect place for showers or other small gatherings of 40 people or less. Located conveniently downtown, the center has a scenic view of beautiful Howard Park and the St. Joseph River. The rental fee is $38/hr + tax with a three hour minimum. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at any event.
2801 Riverside Dr. at Boland Dr. • (574)299-4765
Pinhook Lagoon forms the scenic backdrop for this year-round facility that will hold 150 people. Want to hold a party, shower or wedding reception? Tables, chairs and a small kitchen are available to use. Rental fee is $60/hr (4 hr min.) or $500 plus tax for the day (10 am to 12am). A $100 security deposit and full payment is required to hold the date. The facility must be cleaned up and secured by midnight. You must be 21 and over to reserve this facility. This facility can only be reserved at the O'Brien Center, Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm. Click here for a copy of contract used to rent Pinhook Pavilion.
O’Brien Recreation Center
321 E. Walter St. • (574) 299-4765 (Office hours: Mon-Fri 8 am to 4:30 pm, we stop taking reservations at 4 pm)
This center offers a gym with stage and meeting rooms for almost any occasion. Gym rental rates are $40 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. The center's boardroom can be rented for $40 per hour (two hour minimum) for meetings only.
O’Brien Park Pavilion
321 East Walter St. • (574) 299-4765
This open-air pavilion located in O’Brien Park has a grill and can accomodate up to 60 ppl. The pavilion is near a playground, splashpad, and plenty of open space. The site rents for $60 plus tax for the day. This pavilion does not have electricity.
2105 Mishawaka Avenue • (574) 235-9442
Located in Potawatomi Park, the Muessel-Ellison Conservatory, with its tropical plants, waterfall and quaint garden provides a warm, inviting spot to host wedding ceremonies, receptions, parties, graduation open house, recitals, showers and meetings. The conservatory can hold a maximum of 200 guests.
Greenlawn Ave. at Wall St. • (574)299-4765
Potawatomi Park has two covered open sided pavilions for rent which each hold 100 people, and one larger pavilion which holds up to 300 people. All pavilions include water and large grills. Reservations are accepted year round. The small pavilions cost $60/day plus tax and the large pavilion is $240, or $135 for half, plus tax. Picnic areas complete with tables and grills are also available for $12/day plus tax, each picnic area holds 50 ppl. A rough map of the park is available here.
Rum Village Park
Ewing Ave. at Gertrude St. • (574) 299-4765
Three open-air, covered pavilions are available for rent. Each holds about 80 people, and offer electricity and grills. The beautiful, rustic park offers an 18-hole disc golf course, a 10,000 sq. ft. playground, acres of walking trails and a nature center. Each pavilion rents for $45 plus tax for the day. Reservations are accepted year round. A rough map of the park is available here.
Fellows St. at Wenger St. • (574) 299-4765
Large open-air pavilion with kitchen, restrooms & electric. The park features a playground, basketball court, playfield and water spray ground. The pavilion rents for $60 plus tax per day (kitchen is an additional $40). The kitchen is not availble during the months of June- mid August due to the summer lunch program.
Erskine & Elbel Golf Course Clubhouses
26595 Auten Rd. (Elbel) • (574)271-9180
200 Miami Rd. (Erskine) • (574)291-3216
Looking for a scenic location overlooking one of our beautiful golf courses for your small wedding reception or other parties for up to 60 people? Then check out the club houses at Erskine and Elbel Golf Courses. Both facilities are available for rent days, evenings or weekends during the off-season months of November through March. Rental rates are $38 per hour.
You may reserve picnic areas or pavilions for O'Brien, Potawatomi, Rum Village or Southeast Parks at the O'Brien Center Monday-Friday 8 am to 4 pm or online all year round for the rental season of May 1st thru September 30th.