If you need new job skills, want to gain personal knowledge of computer software, or just want to learn basic computer skill; the South Bend Parks and Recreation Department is just the place for you! We offer computer training for the beginner or advanced users in the most commonly used software such as Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007. All classes are instructor led, including hands on training in our state of the art computer lab. Each student receives a comprehensive manual, practice files and a quick reference card at no additional cost.
Classes are generally offered in multiple levels. The first level is an introductory class while the second and subsequent levels are more advanced. Classes indicated with an (*) require a prerequisite class or equivalent knowledge.
All classes are held in the O’Brien Recreation Center and are scheduled either for four days (two hours per day) or a single (8 hour) day. Class sizes are limited to eight students, with a three-student minimum required to hold a class. Morning and evening hours are available.
Advance registration is required one week prior to the beginning of class.
• Introduction to Personal Computers Using Windows XP - Level 1 and 2
Microsoft Office 2003
• Access 2003 *- Level 1, 2, 3 and 4
• Excel 2003 *- Level 1, 2 and 3
• Outlook 2003 *- Level 1 and 2
• PowerPoint 2003 *- Level 1 and 2
• Publisher 2003 *
• Word 2003 *- Level 1, 2 and 3
Microsoft Office 2007
• Access 2007 *- Level 1, 2, 3 and 4
• Excel 2007 *- Level 1, 2 and 3
• Outlook 2007 *- Level 1 and 2
• PowerPoint 2007 *- Level 1 and 2
• Publisher 2007 *
• Word 2007 *- Level 1, 2 and 3
• Open Office Writer *
• Open Office Calc *
• Open Office Base *
• Open Office Impress *
• GroupWise 7.0 *-Level 1 and 2
• Internet Explorer *
• Mozilla Firefox *
Get a half hour (or more) personal instruction. Advise instructor in advance what problems you wish to cover. If you have a laptop bring it with you. Appointment times run every half hour from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Fee: $20/R, $25/NR per 1/2 hour. No senior discount available.